The NCMATYC board is very excited to host colLABorate, a workshop sponsored by AMATYC and NCMATYC. In order to attend the colLABorate workshop, attendees must be accepted by the NCMATYC Board. We plan to accept around 13 attendees from each of the three regions for a total of 39 attendees. Attendees can apply for a travel grant to the workshop that will also include hotel and registration for the NCMATYC conference.
Please take a moment to read over the goals of the colLABorate workshop. http://ncmatyc.matyc.org/collaborate/collaborate-goals/ The assessment of the goals describe how attendees of the workshop will have responsibilities for the following year after the workshop. Feel free to send an email to email@example.com or post a comment on this page, if you have questions about the workshop.
- 10:00 – 11:00 am: Why colLaboration?
- 11:00 – 11:30 am: Presentation on “To provide techniques on how technology as a pedagogy tool can be used to facilitate collaborative and active learning in the classroom.”
- 11:30 – 12:30 pm: Break out into groups to discuss and create.
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Lunch – A box lunch will be provided to all participants
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm: Presentation on “To promote the effectiveness in how contextual labs can create a solid foundation that conceptual learning can be built upon.”
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Break out into groups to discuss and create.
- 2:30 – 2:45 pm: Afternoon snack break
- 2:45 – 3:15 pm: Presentation on “To demonstrate collaborative learning that gives students the opportunity to verbally share mathematical understanding and respectfully critique arguments of others.”
- 3:15 – 4:15 pm: Break out into groups to discuss and create.
- 4:15 – 5:00pm: Train attendees on how to share with department, Train attendees on how to use NCMATYC Slack. Go through the “What now.” Have people break into groups to come up with a way they will share with their department. A list of due dates
Printable ColLABorate Conference Schedule – Link
Durham Technical Community College, 1637 E Lawson St, Durham, NC 27703
Park in lot B, and we will meet in the Collins Building (Building 2) in room 135.