As the 2016 Fall semester comes to a close, be sure to add NCMATYC to your checkoff list.
- Registration and lodging information are now available at the NCMATYC web page. http://ncmatyc.matyc.org/conferences/2017-ncmatyc-conference-durham-tech/
- Take a moment to nominate a person for the Mathematics Excellence award.
- 53 presentations have been submitted! We are still looking for more 15 minute themed sessions.
- Reflect on your Fall 2016 semester and share with us #OneGreatThing. We would love to post the success of the Great 58 on our webpage.
- NCMATYC Slack would be a great resource to explore over the winter break.
Thanks for your involvement with NCMATYC.
On this cyber Monday, not only does NCMATYC have great deals for you today, but all year long!
- FREE – Sign up to give a presentation at the 2017 NCMATYC conference. Due date is 12/1.
- FREE – Nominate a colleague for the NCMATYC Mathematics excellence award. Due date is 12/9.
- FREE – Visit NCMATYC Slack to check out what NCMATYC members shared at the AMATYC conference and to see what is going on across the state.
- FREE – Join the brand new AMATYC Southeast Regional Group on Facebook.
- Only $10 – Become an NCMATYC member.
As the Fall semester comes to a close, do you have any articles or news to share with NCMATYC? We would love to publish them on the webpage. Simply email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fall semester is quickly coming to an end and in the upcoming week you have three great opportunities to be involved with NCMATYC.
- The deadline to apply for the colLABorate workshop has been extended till November 15. Please help us make our goal of 39 attendees.
- The deadline to submit presentations for the 2017 NCMATYC Conference is December 1. Remember about the themed session Friday – a large collection of 15 minute presentations.
- The AMATYC conference is next week in Denver, CO. In the NCMATYC Slack there is an amaytc-conference channel. For those attending, please use this to share the PD for those not attending and to collaborate with those that are attending.
Finally, NCMATYC had another successful Mathematics competition last Saturday at Central Piedmont CC. A special thanks to Chris Mansfield, Laura Tucker, Hai Ngo, school sponsors, and every one involved.
The due date to submit an application for the colLABorate workshop is 7 days from now! This is not a haunted house of mathematics. Don’t trick yourself into thinking that this is scary or that you don’t have time knock on the door of this opportunity. Plenty of treats are waiting for you. All you have to do is apply. http://ncmatyc.matyc.org/collaborate/collaborate-workshop/
The presenters form is now available at the NCMATYC webpage. Take note of the themed sessions topics, which will take place on Friday morning. The goal is provide 2 hours of 15 minute presentations. The due date to submit a presentation is 12/1/2016. http://ncmatyc.matyc.org/conferences/2017-ncmatyc-conference-durham-tech/presenters/
Are you attending NCCTM this week? NCMATYC Board members will be attending and giving presentations. Maybe we will see you there.
We hope that all of our community college friends on the east cost are safe and that the hurricane doesn’t cause too much disruption to your semester. The Fall semester is already half way done for most of us. Please take a moment to look over these important news updates.
Thanks for your involvement and participation with NCMATYC.