We need your help in making two deadlines.
- Teacher of Excellence Award nominations are due 12/22/2017. Let’s make sure people get recognized for the amazing work they do in and out of the classroom. http://ncmatyc.matyc.org/awards/
- Calling all awesome NCMATYC members. NCMATYC Board elections will be in February. But we can’t vote for a person, if people don’t run. Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org about the position you want to run.
Thanks so much in helping us check off these deadlines. Oh, and during the winter break, check out NCMATYC Slack and make sure you register for the 2018 conference!
Across the Great 58 community colleges of North Carolina, the 2017 Fall semester is quickly coming to an end. Here are some important reminders for NCMATYC.
- Just 97 days left till the 2018 conference. Have you registered and booked your hotel?
- Today is the due date to submit a presentation. Remember, you can submit a 20, 45, or a 100 minute presentation. This is our 30th anniversary; let’s pack it full with plenty of amazing professional development.
- Please consider nominating yourself to be a candidate for the upcoming NCMATYC board elections. Send us an email about what position you would want to run. Thanks!
- Teacher of Excellence Awards are due 12/22. We have many, many awesome educators, so let’s make sure they get recognized.
NCMATYC had a strong representation at the annual AMATYC conference in San Diego. One big push from AMATYC is the new document IMPACT (http://www.amatyc.org/mpage/IMPACT). The document is still a rough draft and they need us to be giving feedback. Group notes from the AMATYC conference is here https://goo.gl/CLP68d and pictures & conversations can be found in the Slack channel #amatyc-conference.
Special thanks to Forsyth Tech CC and Chris Mansfield, who have been an integral part of putting together the NCMATYC Mathematics Competition this weekend. We have a record amount of students participating!
The deadline to submit presentations for the 2018 NCMATYC conference is December 1st. Remember that you can choose a 20, 45, or 100 minute session. Conference registration and hotel booking are also available.
Teacher of Excellence nominations are due 12/22/17.
Continue to colLABorate with the Great 58!
The end of October is just around the corner. Be sure to stay connected with the great events in November.
- Going to the AMATYC conference? Be sure to share and connect in the #amatyc-conference channel.
- Register by November 3rd for the NCMATYC Mathematics Competition at Forsyth Tech.
- Got ideas to share? Questions to ask? Post them in NCMATYC Slack and think about presenting them at the 30th NCMATYC Conference. Submission to present are due December 1st.
- Important changes are on the horizon for developmental mathematics. Have you heard about Dev Ed 2.0 – R.I.S.E.? Join the discussion to ask questions and give feedback in #dma-general.
- Great sharing about the recent NC3ADL conference took place in #distance-learning.
- #mat152 has been the most popular channel in October but many other course channels show great colLABoration. Take a moment to read and offer an emoji to the posts in NCMATYC Slack.
And just like that we are almost half way through another semester. Check out these items.
- NCMATYC is raising money for a TexMATYC member who was selected to present at the AMATYC conference but their school no longer has travel funds because of Harvey. 🙁 Donate via https://tinyurl.com/y97a9p2h
- We have awarded 16 travel grants for the 2018 NCMATYC conference! To earn that money the people are participating in NCMATYC Slack for at last 40 minutes a month. Visit Slack and see all of the great colLABoration.
- We need nominations for the 2017 AMATYC President Scholarship. Use this link https://goo.gl/forms/TEQNW8EVeWJySdy92
- Mathematics Competition will be at Forsyth Tech 11/18. November 3rd is the due date for early registration.
- Hotel reservations for 2018 conference can be made either online or by phone.
- Elections for the new NCMATYC Board will be in February. Please be consider running for a position.
Thanks so much for your participation with NCMATYC.