Congratulations to Paula Savich, winner of this year’s (2014) AMATYC Travel Grant. Paula has given much service to NCMATYC and to the community college system. Hope you have a wonderful time in Nashville!
On another note the time is coming for you to nominate a colleague for the:
The Mathematics Excellence Award
The criteria for the award are:
- Statewide Reputation
- Leadership and activities in professional organizations
- Professional talks and presentations
- Awards and grants received
- Professional activities on a regional and state scale
- Teaching expertise
- Other contributions to mathematics and/or mathematics education.
Nomination materials should include:
- The completed application form: click here to view and submit the form.
- A resume, not to exceed 3 pages, and three letters in support of the nomination, one of which is a letter of nomination. At least one of the three letters should be from outside the nominee’s region of the state (eastern, central, or western). Letters of support that elaborate on qualities described in the resume or highlight additional exemplary characteristics of the nominee are more helpful to the committee than letters that reiterate items mentioned in the resume.
In an effort to compare all candidates on the same basis, any additional materials submitted will not be considered. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Materials must be emailed to NCMATYC (email@example.com) with “Mathematics Award” as subject or you can share documents via “google” by sending a link with “Mathematics Award” as the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must be received by January 31, 2015.