Congratulations to Paula Savich, winner of this year’s (2014) AMATYC Travel Grant. Paula has given much service to NCMATYC and to the community college system. Hope you have a wonderful time in Nashville!
The Mathematics Excellence Award
Dear Mathematicians of North Carolina, it is time for you to nominate a fellow colleague for “The Mathematics Excellence Award”. The successful nominee for the NCMATYC award will also have a chance to compete for the AMATYC Mathematics Excellence Award. The AMATYC award will be presented during the 2016 AMATYC conference in Denver, CO.
- The criteria for the award are:
- Statewide Reputation
- Leadership and activities in professional organizations
- Professional talks and presentations
- Awards and grants received
- Professional activities on a regional and state scale
- Teaching expertise
- Other contributions to mathematics and/or mathematics education.
Nomination materials should include:
- The completed application form: click http://goo.gl/forms/O3L5ERWTSE to view and submit the form.
- A resume, not to exceed 3 pages, and
- One letter in support of the nomination.
The winner of the award will then need two more letters of support to be submitted to AMATYC: One letter from an NCMATYC member and one from outside of our region.
Letters of support that elaborate on qualities described in the resume or highlight additional exemplary characteristics of the nominee are more helpful to the committee than letters that reiterate items mentioned in the resume.
In an effort to compare all candidates on the same basis, any additional materials submitted will not be considered. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Materials (application, resume and one letter of nomination) must be emailed to NCMATYC (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Mathematics Award” as subject or you can share documents via “google” by sending a link with “Mathematics Award” as the subject to email@example.com
The deadline for nominations to NCMATYC is January 31st, 2015.